News! Many of you have heard me talking about what the next right step are for this program…at 80, retirement beckons and I am hoping to sell it to someone who will nurture it as I have…I’m not going anywhere till I know it is securely in good hands…but, if this is your Dream, contact me!
Coastal Maine Art Workshops
- Flourishing Art Workshop Program in Mid Coast Maine, one of the top programs in the country, known for the excellence of its instructors, beautiful coastal scenery, and abundant personal attention.
- The only program of this size and caliber on the Maine Coast
- 15 years of the absolute best nationally and internationally known instructors (and 20 plus years before that, run by its original director)
- Consistently high percentage of full classes, repeat students, and instructors
- Substantial mailing list and instructor roster
- Long term rental of well equipped studios with water views and access, each a few blocks from downtown in Rockland and in Belfast
- Concurrent classes possible May thru Oct, both studio based and plein air
- Excellent community relationships: lodging, restaurants, more than 40 vetted painting sites: rural villages, famous harbors, lighthouses, boats…And Lobster!
Perhaps your dream?? Let’s talk!
Contact: Lyn Donovan, Director
Mid Coast Maine is a wonderful place to paint; we have two Studio locations with access to everything from city scenes to quaint fishing villages, working harbors and rocky coves…and oh yes…LOBSTER!!Everywhere you look, you’ll see beautiful places to paint! Art-focused Rockland is two hours up the coast from Portland, close to quaint seaside villages, lighthouses, traditional New England architecture, rock and fir-rimmed beaches and beautiful harbors. Belfast is a small, delightfully scenic city about 50 minutes further northeast along the edge of Penobscot Bay, also two hours from Portland and one hour from Bangor or to Acadia National Park. There’s plenty for a non-painting companion to do while you’re in class; you might consider coming early or staying longer…make this a vacation as well!We have great studios in Rockland and Belfast, comfortable and well equipped, for both plein air and studio based classes. Both have water views, plenty of individual work space, an instructor area and demo mirror and nearby parking. We generally carpool to painting sites, (we make sure you have lunch!) and from either, you’ll be within walking distance to lodging, food, galleries, shops, theaters, museums and the waterfront! Rockland and Belfast are both small cities (about 7000) with distinct personalities, Belfast is fun, quirky and visually exciting; Rockland has a lively city vibe and easy access to the beauty of the surrounding Mid-Coast area; a painter’s dream!
We make a decision about running a class about 8 weeks prior…be sure to sign up early so you don’t miss out! We’ll do everything we can to make your experience one that will send you home happy and then bring you back; many of our students and instructors have been coming here for years! Click the Lodging or Getting Here buttons at the top of the page for current info and if you have any questions about anything,, email me… or call 207-594-4813; I’ll be happy to talk with you! I do hope you will join us…this is a beautiful place to paint and a workshop with us is something you’ll remember with pleasure for a long time!
Lyn Donovan, Director
POB 845 Camden ME 0484