Paul George came to the rescue!
In 2019, when Tony van Hasselt was not able to teach his class in Belfast as planned, Paul, who has taught here before, agreed immediately to step aboard and do the class…it was a terrific workshop and we had no hesitation making the decision to bring him back! I have known Paul since I started this program in 2006, both as a fine painter, and as an excellent instructor…Paul teaches as well as he paints; I am happy to say that from first hand experience!
Paul runs a deceptively laid back class! Soft-spoken and as easy going as can be, Paul unloads a wealth of information before you even realize how much he has offered! You will want to really pay attention! He prefers to spend time individually with students but will demo and do group reviews if asked. You’ll be stunned by how much you’ve absorbed, all the while thinking you were just out there happily painting!
We’re really fortunate that he’s available to teach again this year! Paul paints and teaches on Cape Ann MA and often on the Coast of Maine, knows the light here well and loves the scenery…he’s easy to work with and highly skilled…you are in for a fine treat! Reviews by his students have always been unanimously positive!
Paul George has been painting and teaching both watercolor and oils in the US and abroad for nearly 25 years. He is a signature member of National Watercolor Society, the North Shore, Rockport and Lyme Art Associations, New England Watercolor Society and is a Marine Master Artist at the Maritime Gallery at Mystic Seaport. He has won more than 80 awards, including three from the New England Watercolor Society (two Gold and a Bronze,) the National Watercolor Society and an Award of Excellence from The Gallery at Mystic Seaport and has been juried into and participated in many Plein-Air events around the country, often coming home with a prize.!
Some General Class Information:
We will make sure you know our 2021 Covid protocols well ahead; please be assured that we will do everything we can to provide a safe environment for you! Compliance with our protocols is required. We’ll decide on carpooling depending on necessary 2021 Covid protocols.
- We‘ll process your payment after we get your online Registration and will email you a receipt. A $300 deposit will hold your space. Cancellation and Refund info is at the bottom of the Registration Form…(please do read the Policies before you check that you have!)
- We’ll send a Supply List and more detailed info after you Register, and again about 2 weeks before the class. Print and tuck into your painting kit…then you’ll know where to find it all! It has the answers to most of your questions!
- If you will need mediums, let me know and I will have them here for you to buy when you get to class. You are also welcome to ship materials to arrive the week before…ask about details!
- The first day, the Studio will open at 8:15 AM… Classes run M-F usually between 8:30-4:30, but the exact hours are at the Instructor’s discretion…always an average of 6 hours/day, but starting and ending times may vary according to your instructor.
- We always have a 1 hr lunch break, to use or not, it’s up to you…and a lunch plan depending on where we are painting. We order in the AM and deliver to your location…you pay in cash on the last day before you leave!
- Our Studios are large, with good light and waterviews; you’ll have your own table space and you are welcome to leave equipment etc. there for the duration of the class. It is possible to stay and paint after hours, we’ll explain the logistics!
- The Plein Air plan for the day is weather-dependent and decided at the end of the previous day if possible, or more likely, when we meet in the Studio each morning! Make sure your Class Monitors know where you have set up, and try to stay close to the demo area. Less running around for them, more time for feedback to you!
- There is free parking at the Studio building, which is within a few blocks of downtown.
- We usually carpool (or sometimes walk if it’s close) to Plein Air painting sites, many of which have shade and at the least, a porta-potty or nearby facilities. You will get good directions. Please, do NOT depend on your GPS unless we say so!
- Each class has an experienced Monitor (or two!) as your Go-To person for any problems or needs…please ask…we all will do our absolute best to see that you have a great class experience!
- Downtown in both locations has great galleries, shops and food and the area is full of wonderful places to paint, many accessible to the single painter that a class can’t utilize…if you can, take a look around!
- For Lodging (scroll down for Belfast) and Travel info, click on the buttons on the Home Page.
- If you have any problems, tell us!! We can’t fix anything if we don’t hear till you get home. Be sure to contact us with any questions. Thanks!