- Frassinet, France
- May 5 to 15, 2018
- All levels
- Tuition: $3795
EARLY BIRD SALE! The sooner you sign up, the more you save! (click on the word Register to go to the online Form)
Register by midnite Nov 7 and save $300! Register between 12:01 AM Nov 8 & midnite Nov 15 & save $200!
Register between 12:01 AM Nov 16 & midnite Nov 25 & save $100!
After midnite on the 26th, the price goes back to $3795; no exceptions!
A $600 Deposit will hold your space.. we will apply the discount to your Balance when it comes due in March. See the Policies Section at the end of the Registration Form for Refund and Cancellation information;
Save some money on this great painting trip!
Come paint with Mike at this 12th Century convent, long ago transformed into the loveliest of settings for a painting class. You’ll stay in the converted rooms & paint on the grounds, travel to local historic and scenic areas, eat delicious food…relax…and learn great plein air painting skills from Mike who who has often painted & taught nearby.
The Workshop includes lodging, all meals except 1 dinner & 2 lunches, ground transportation plus airport shuttle, a free day to use as you like, & Mike’s fine instruction!
Class time will include demos, lectures, time to paint on your own, plenty of individual time with Mike, group reviews, day trips to paint in nearby locales ( your host and driver is biingual…he and Mike will know all the good places to paint!) There’ll be plenty of time to enjoy the grounds, whether to paint, take photos or just for kick-back relaxing!
Raised in California, Mike resides in his hometown of Santa Cruz, about 100 miles south of San Francisco on the California coast. A degree in Engineering and a career in marketing and hi-tech led him to many different assignments, none of which included art. As a youngster, Mike was always attracted to art, but parental “encouragement” led him away from making it a life’s focus. Art began as a kitchen table hobby in 1988 and soon consumed his every thought. He started at age 46 with a few lessons, lots of books and an occasional workshop to get him on his feet. What paid off most, he says, was the compulsive, daily and late night sessions at his easel. Mike is an adventurous, bold soul and it shows in the way he applies his painting skills. He is never satisfied with the superficial. Always reaching for excellence, he is one who must exhaust all avenues of learning, in order to enlarge his understanding and expand his abilities. Mike is associated with numerous art societies and is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society. The awards he has received, the articles in magazines and his art featured in painting books are a testament to his continuous pursuit of excellence. His paintings are held in private and corporate collections in the US, Europe, and Australia.
Some General Class Information:
- We will process your payment after we get your online Registration and will email you a receipt.
- You will get a Supply List and more detailed info when you Register, and again about a month before the class. The first day, the Studio will open early…we will make sure you know the time!
- If you will need mediums or other supplies/equipment, let me know and I will have them here for you to buy in class. You are also welcome to ship things ahead. Ask for the address!
- Classes usually run between 8:30-4:30, but the exact hours are at the Instructor’s discretion…never fewer than 6 total/day, but sometimes we start earlier or end later…or both!
- We always have a lunch break, to use or not, it’s up to you…and a lunch plan depending on where we are painting.
- The plan for the day is weather-dependent and usually decided at the end of the previous day if possible, or each morning!
- Cancelation and Refund info is at the bottom of the online Registration Form…(please do read the Policies before you check that you have!)
- And be sure to contact us with any questions. Thanks!