- Rockland ME
- September 18 to 22, 2017
- Tuition: $750
Registration is by Lottery Only!!
LOTTERY SIGN UP DEADLINE : 5 PM THURSDAY NOV 17!!
Email your name, request and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will pull names for the Class and the Wait List and let you know by the 23rd!
This class is for experienced painters either Intermediate or Advanced level, who want to re-ground themselves in the basics, redefining what they know and how they make use of it, illuminating what they may have missed or forgotten along the way and polishing it all to take their work to the next level!
You’ll paint outside as much as possible at several of our most scenic locations. A four-season Plein air painter, Colin is full of tips on painting outside in all kind of weather! If it pours, we have a big, well-lit studio and Colin brings in an array of great still life materials to challenge you. On Friday afternoon, he leads a retrospective group critique of three paintings per student. Supportive and interactive, it is a highlight of the week and a great way to learn!
The class includes daily demonstrations and lectures followed by time to execute the daily exercises Colin assigns. Paint as much as you want once you finish the exercises, the building blocks to moving forward. Generous & supportive time and input, Colin will work with you individually at least once a day. His exuberance, skills, fluency with paint & humor permeate the class; you will work hard, laugh hard, learn tons & love it!
Colin’s website and blog Journal pages tell more about him than any workshop blurb! One of the area’s most popular, approachable and prolific painters, his career rise has been meteoric. His art education includes Cooper Union (2000) RISD (1997) Baltimore School for the Arts (1995) As fluently competent an instructor as he is a painter, Colin is a joy to be around!
Some General Class Information:
- Most classes will be limited to a maximum of 16 to allow for optimal individual attention; do make sure your instructor knows where you have set up, and try to stay close to the demo area. Less running around for them, more time for feedback to you!
- We will process your payment after we get your online Registration and will email you a receipt.
- You will get a Supply List and more detailed info when you Register, and again about a month before the class. The first day, the Studio will open early…we will make sure you know the time!
- If you will need mediums or other supplies/equipment, let me know and I will have them here for you to buy in class. You are also welcome to ship things ahead. Ask for the address!
- Classes usually run M-F, between 8:30-4:30, but the exact hours are at the Instructor’s discretion…never fewer than 6 total/day, but sometimes we start earlier or end later…or both!
- We eat dinner (Dutch) somewhere as a group at least once, usually Monday nite for starters; friends, companions, hosts are welcome to come along.
- We always have a lunch break, to use or not, it’s up to you…and a lunch plan depending on where we are painting.
- The plan for the day is weather-dependent and usually decided at the end of the previous day if possible, or each morning!
- Our Studio is large with good light; you’ll have your own table space and you are welcome to leave equipment etc. there for the duration of the class. It is possible to paint after hours, we’ll explain the logistics!
- There is ample free parking at the Studio, which is within easy walking distance of downtown.
- We carpool (or sometimes walk) to painting sites, most of which have shade and at the least, a porta potty or nearby facilities. You will get good directions and we often caravan. Please do NOT depend on your GPS unless we give the Go Ahead…It is often wrong!
- Each class has an experienced Monitor who is your Go-To person for any problems or needs…we all will do our absolute best to see that you have a great class experience!
- Downtown has great galleries, shops and food and the area is full of wonderful places to paint!
- For Lodging and Travel info, click on the buttons on the Home Page.
- Cancelation and Refund info is at the bottom of the online Registration Form…(please do read the Policies before you check that you have!)
- And be sure to contact us with any questions. Thanks!